Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Advice Column

Dear Readers,

I love giving advice. I'm fairly certain that my advice is medium to good advice, nothing spectacular, but I think that its mediocrity is balanced out by the fact that I'm very enthusiastic about giving it, and give it out as much as possible. So there's really a lot of it, and when is quantity not a substitute for quality? Really, I'm going to have to take that to heart regarding my dissertation.

I realized this the other day when I was giving Stearns advice. Hopkins was also advising her. Hopkins' advice was almost certainly more insightful and nuanced, but I highly doubt that she enjoyed giving it as much as I did (maybe she did: she's a first born like I am, so who knows?). 

Anyway, I think that I would like to be an advice columnist. So you should please send along any questions that you have on any topic, and I will make up the right answer for you. These questions can be real or hypothetical. It's probably not a bad idea for them to be hypothetical, as we really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. You just have to be careful of the internet--people can really find most anything out on there, if they try hard enough. You don't want your friends to find out that you're asking about them. That's one of the things that I can give advice about: google stalking. I'm really pretty good about it, I'd say. I've discovered some things that I'm embarrassed to know.

Sincerely,

Aspiring Advice Columnist

1 comment:

Emily Hale said...

Mama Leopard:

"Dearest,

You are one kooky chick-but you ARE entertaining..."