Monday, April 16, 2012

Today

Today (high of 88 in Philadelphia, PA) I am excessively worried about global warming. Today I am for a government mandate that all city roofs and roads by painted white. Although I was thinking about that article, and wouldn't white roofs be better for the summer, but worse for the winter? Which is to say, wouldn't darker roofs, which soak up the heat, reduce winter heating costs? Are we going to have to paint the roofs white in the summer and dark in the winter? If so, I'm opening up a paint store!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Is it possible that solar panels can be white? That way, you'd get energy from the sun in the summer to store as heat for the winter.

But the paint store idea is a good alternative.

Emily Hale said...

Solar panels are clever! Paint is cheaper, though, which will be my marketing pitch!