Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day: Cousins


Boy, people on facebook are very particular about precisely what can and cannot be celebrated on Memorial Day--I guess Memorial Day is for soldiers who have died or been taken prisoner in a war, while Veteran's Day is for soldiers who have fought in a war.


Anyway, I hope it's also acceptable to celebrate family on Memorial Day weekend, because that's what I usually end up doing. And fortunately family includes lots of babies. Honestly, that's what's stuck out to me most so far about being home: During the rest of my life I'm mostly thinking about myself and my work and my school, but when I'm in Williamsport, the focus is on little kids and older relatives--being born and growing old. Well, and everything in between.


Speaking of the important stuff in between: Congrats to Frankincense and Mr. Frankincense on their wedding yesterday! And Mr. Frankincense is an officer in the military, so what an appropriate weekend to get married!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Does this mean that MC and LLC have three now?

Emily Hale said...

Yes! Super cute and brand new with a thick head of hair!