Thursday, September 20, 2012

Meet My New School


My building. Soon after arriving in St. Louis, I went with #1tomatolover to an art show held in my town, which is just outside of St. Louis. What I noticed was that a lot of the art there emphasized the sky. Which is also what has stuck out to me most about the campus and this part of the world--it's fairly flat, the architecture is fairly low to the ground, there's a lot of space, and the sky is big.


At least the library is not brutalist. Although it's tricky to find the door, and once you've found it (because you see where most people are going in and out), it's hard to find the handle.


My favorite building on campus, which is part of a gorgeous quad and was used for the 1904 World's Fair. Below: the inside. 


And here's the chapel, which can be rented for religious services, with the Rabbit Thinker, which I don't love.


No comments: