Friday, September 7, 2012

Roadtrip



#1tomatolover and I (well, mostly just #1tomatolover) drove out to Missouri this past weekend. (He forgot his sunglasses and had to borrow mine.)


I took these two pictures in Cumberland, MD, where we stopped for lunch. It was a big mistake to travel on a Monday, and especially on Labor Day, because there was only one open place with food in the entire downtown.


(I love the statue in the window.)

We stopped to see a lot of aunts and uncles and cousins on the way out. I soundly schooled A (below) and #1tomatolover in pinball. This was not due to luck: it was due to my intense concentration.



Thankfully, one of my aunts and one of my cousins were there when my car battery died to jump start it and help us find an Advance Auto. Unfortunately, jump starting my little car made something go out on their much bigger car. 


I'll tell you what: the St. Louis arch (not my picture) was a sight for sore eyes. When I saw it, it looked oddly familiar. And then I remembered:


The Lycoming Mall arch! Or, as some called it, "the Big Poop."

But best of all is arriving to a new town and a new job to this:


2 comments:

Diana said...

Awesome, awesome post. How much will your mother love this; you included #1tomatolover AND you ended on a positive note!

Emily Hale said...

Ha--it's funny you say that, because I have a feeling she will hate the part about my aunt's car (so I almost didn't write it).