Monday, October 29, 2012

Cooking with Colwin.3 Three Potato Salads

The third potato salad is Rob Wynne's Potato Salad with Creme Fraiche.


The recipe: Cook as many new potatoes as you need. Slice and cool. Skin and julienne an equal amount of cucumbers.

Dressing: half mayonnaise, half creme fraiche, black pepper and a hint of garlic.


This potato salad is divine. It tastes like summer, more like summer than normal potato salad even. But I will say, it's slightly bland: It's like what you imagine heaven is when you're afraid of going there--perfect and light and beautiful, but maybe a bit boring.

In an attempt to remedy this, I added a little bit of hell, I mean cayenne. It didn't help with the flavor up front, but at least it had a kick at the end of the bite.

Other fix suggestions are welcome.

Also: this is my first time "cooking" with creme fraiche. How should I use the rest of it? 

No comments: