Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Mama Leopard!


This blog has often benefited from Mama Leopard's wry and incisive wit. She is a strong, opinionated lady, and (if he'd come to America 200 years later) Tocqueville could have been referring to Mama Leopard when he wrote about American women:

As for myself, I do not hesitate to avow that although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is in some respects one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked, now that I am drawing to the close of this work, in which I have spoken of so many important things done by the Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply: To the superiority of their women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen- what a woman she is! If all the nation were made of such women, the USA would be off the scales as a tremendous blessing in the earth!


--Papa Leopard