Friday, May 10, 2013

The Cathedral Basilica


I'm packing up to move again, at least for the summer. (Which means that, by the time you read this, I should be in Central Pennsylvania, in my hometown.) I'm feeling dreadfully nostalgic for the wonderful things that I've been enjoying about STL this year.


The Cathedral Basilica is one of those things. It's lovely. And I hate leaving. And change.



The Cathedral Basilica sparkles. I can't capture it in photographs, but as you move around, you keep catching the light reflected off the mosaic tiles out of the corner of your eye.


This chapel is my favorite part.


I'm convinced that Tiffany did this chapel because the colors are sublime.





P.S. I wish that I had energy to write more lately, rather than just giving you this barrage of pictures. But it seems that the alternative to pictures would just be silence. I really don't have as much to say as usual. Or all that I have to say is related to wedding details and the anxieties of Francisco and me sorting out career and life for the fall. We could talk about what gifts I should get for my little flower girls. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. We can talk about how I could find cheap tablecloths for cocktail tables. We can't talk about NFP, for Mama Leopard forbids it. Although I think it's hilarious that when you google image search "cervix" a picture of a cherry and a picture of a plate of little donuts are amongst the mix. Oh! We could talk about my being taken on an hour-long detour by a Philly cab driver, but it actually still makes me furious to tell the story. We could also talk about how Facebook is really going downhill fast. (It's half the way to Myspace, I think, what with all this sharing of photographs that you didn't take that have "funny" words on them. Stop it people.) All this to say, I hope to write more soon.

No comments: