Thursday, June 27, 2013

London.8, V & A

Right after the William Morris House, Francisco and I headed to the Victoria and Albert Museum on a whim--the William Morris House said that William Morris and Dante Rossetti designed a whole room at the V and A. The V and A happened to be open quite late that night for an event, so we just hustled over.


The Green Room (that Morris and Rossetti designed and decorated--above and below) was alright, but nothing special (and really too dark to enjoy properly).


Actually the main dining room, which is, with the Green Room, part of the cafeteria for museum-goers, was much prettier:


Here's the entryway to the museum:


And the building's courtyard--I think there's something about the apotheosis of Victoria above one of the doorways:




The museum itself was delightful--it was filled with music and there were cocktails and champagne. That seems to me to be the way to reinvigorate museums and make them accessible.


Here's a great green dress from the late 1930s! I would totally wear that. Actually, I would totally trade out my wedding dress for this. (There was a whole section of dresses, which I really enjoyed.)


There is plenty of beautiful glass:


I love this chandelier:




No comments: