Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Tour of Our House

We're calling it Cynwyd House.


It isn't the prettiest home on the block, but we're in love.


 (Not my house, but my screen door.)








Some new-to-me vintage coasters made (in part) out of butterfly wings.



Neither of us play the piano, but I think it's a lovely decoration. I can't imagine having a house without a piano ever again.




A family Bible from Francisco's aunt.


 Our bookshelves-turned-hutches.


I've always wanted a fruit bowl! Now I have one, thanks to Frankincense.




The reason we can use some of our bookshelves as makeshift hutches. I can never live without built-in bookshelves again.


Guest bedroom.1


 Guest bedroom.2


The house also came with herbs! Basil.


Oregano.


Thyme, I think. Any better guesses?


Rosemary. I think. Let me know if I'm wrong. We put it in the potatoes.

4 comments:

hopkins said...

ah! those bookshelves!!!!

It's either varigated thyme or lemon thyme (if it smells / tastes lemony). And that's definitely rosemary.

Emily Hale said...

Thanks so much! That's really helpful--I was thinking it tasted like lemon, but then I don't really know what plain old thyme tastes likes, so I wasn't sure.

Robin Evert said...

Built-in bookshelves are a good beginner building project that I can talk you through at your next house. You won't need much in the line of tools. Great shots, really gives a good feel of your first home together.

Emily Hale said...

Oh great! I've never had built-in bookshelves before and they're definitely my favorite part of this house.