Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Mushroom Festival



I've been curious for a while about the Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square. Kennett Square is a cute town where one of my friends used to live (and I think Hopkins, before I knew her well).


It turns out the Mushroom Festival is like a combination between a fair (there are corn dogs and funnel cakes) and an art festival (there is homemade pottery and jewelry and even homemade clear nail files).


There are also lots of mushroom foods, including this mushroom ice cream bar/popsicle thing, which tasted quite good, as far as weird foods go.



But best of all was the corn ice cream with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Cardigan recommended that we get some, and it was incredibly good.


2 comments:

hopkins said...

I didn't live there, though I always wanted to. but I love the festival!

Emily Hale said...

Funny--I was thinking you and B lived in the same house there at different times. Maybe it was a different house in a different place?