Monday, April 7, 2014

A Random Assortment

~ How is this even a newspaper article?: "City man content, praises natural gas development in area." Also, why does the newspaper have to be pro-natural gas? Somehow they try to make an article with only these numbers in it into something that's anti-taxing gas drilling in PA:
The report looked at 11 states and found that a Pennsylvania well that began producing in 2014 will be taxed at an effective tax rate of at most 1.6 percent. A similar well in West Virginia will be taxed at 7.2 percent, a Texas well at 4.6 percent, a Colorado well at about 5.6 percent and Ohio at 1.8 percent. 
~ I love Laurie Colwin. And oh my goodness--she used a mint green typewriter?! Also this, from a memorial service for her (this is how I feel about her):

Laurie Colwin was not a stranger to me, even if I was a stranger
to her.

~ I haven't ever watched it faithfully, but I have seen a lot of episodes back in the day, so I watched the series finale of HIMYM, and I have to admit, I found it satisfying. You think the whole time you're waiting to discover who Ted marries, when actually you're just observing the romance in front of your eyes.

No comments: