Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Parenthood.26

32 months

The kid accidentally called it Saint Mother's Day. I think that's fitting. 

33 months

He's basically potty trained! A couple of weeks ago there was some breakthrough and he started peeing pretty consistently on the potty (he'd been doing this at home for some time). This week there was some breakthrough and he finally started pooping on the potty. I'm thrilled. 

Horses are his absolute favorite. Especially brown horses.

"Can I pet him?" about his new girl cousin. When I asked the kid what he thought about her, he said, "She's not good." Also: "Put her down. Hold me." 

After briefly (less than five minutes) being freaked out by the ocean and sand, he loved it.
 ​
34 months

He asked if he could plant the flowers in a vase. Another time he said he was going to "vase the flowers." 

He said, "trust me, it's a sheep."

He calls it a "cellaphone."

35 months

At night, while trying to keep him in bed, he complained, "I company." I asked him what company means and he said, "It means you're sad and alone." I think he meant that he wants company or that he's lonely. Anyway, it's a whole new emotion. 
​I guess not surprisingly, my favorite part of motherhood is all of the book reading. And Winnie-the-Pooh is the best. (It's my first time through.)

The constant barrage of ​(really intelligent) questions has begun. 

He's had a really wonderful summer with his Nana and other relations. 

Everything that he gets his hands on becomes a train or a car in a train--tractors, a guitar, cars, trucks, etc. He connects them all. 

We got towed--this was, according to the kid at the end of the day, a "nice adventure." He got to ride, carseat-less, in the front of the tow truck, because I sure as heck wasn't going to wait around for more than 45 minutes on the side of the road. 

Everything is peanut butter and jelly right now--he would be happy with it three times a day if we let him, which we don't. 

Stuttering--he's done normal little kid brain-moving-too-fast-for-his-mouth for some time now. But this past weekend, when we moved back to the midwest and started a new school on consecutive days, it really took off. It breaks my heart when he says, "w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w ... what am I saying mama?" He knows it's different and doesn't know why it's happening. And can't always get the words out. (That worrying stuttering was short-lived, it turns out--a week, I'd say.)

Conversation: 
The kid: I'm sick; I'm sick!
​Me: ​
Ok so you don't want cinnamon roll?
​The kid: ​
I'm *not* sick. *After* I have cinnamon roll I'll be sick.
​(Turns out he really is a little sick, which I discovered after I insisted that he eat his lunch.)​

He's been at his new preschool for two weeks and tonight he pretended to be a flag holder and recited the whole pledge of allegiance (which he's only heard there) pretty well. The best parts: "repuglic" and "liverpea and justice for all." 

And today's his birthday--three years of Bomba. And we're (fingers crossed!) quitting nursing. 

1 comment:

Hopkins said...

Your first time reading Pooh! What fun! Happy birthday, Buddy! 💕