Monday, April 16, 2018

Brief notes

1. Have I mentioned here that the best thing I've done this year is play tennis with my colleagues? It's a bunch of women of various ages--sometimes my age, sometimes a bunch of 80 year olds--and I play every other week. It's so excellent to have an outlet for my aggressiveness and competitiveness. There's nothing as cathartic as hitting a ball really hard.

2. I don't think I've mentioned here that I adore my husband's grandmother, Gram. She can be an ornery lady, but has taken a liking to me, and calls me from time to time and I think she's great. I guess she's the opposite of "grandmotherly" insofar as she always says just what she thinks, but I like it and hope to be just like her someday.

3. For the duration of this pregnancy I'm not going anywhere ever again. That may be a small lie, but I sure as heck wish it were true.

2 comments:

Hopkins said...

You 100% will be like her some day. And I will too, and we’ll sit on porches and say what we think about everything. And it will be great.

Emily Hale said...

:) That sounds lovely.