Thursday, April 25, 2024

Sabbatical

Francisco is exactly right--I get super grumpy a day before I share my work. My poor family. I snapped at Francisco because the coffee shop we went to only had outdoor seating left and the young guys at our table were too loud. 

But before that, we walked down one of our favorite canals and after that we strolled through a little flea market street. 


The evening was quiet--we watched some Zorro together. 



A poor picture of gorgeous tile (above). 



I had a million emails to write in the evening before doing my best to shorten my presentation (as usual, I failed). I haven't slept well this week because of too many balls in the air. (We're talking 7 hours instead of 8, so I know I'm still very lucky when it comes to sleep.)


On a train--cannot turn back now. 


Will spend the day before my presentation editing my next chapter. I guess the rubber is hitting the road now? 

 

No comments: