Friday, April 26, 2024

Sabbatical

 

Yesterday I edited for much of the day, full of nerves. 


I love this tiny mural, above and below, over an ice cream store. 


 I had coffee and pistachio cake with a very nice colleague.


Then my late-afternoon talk--a couple of friends came and it was so nice to have them there. And other people came, too! I wasn't at all sure that they would, but they did! And I had so much fun giving my presentation--I made the audience participate a bit with drawing and diagramming and it worked out more or less like I hoped, so that was fun and different. And after the talk one of my friends took me out for ice cream before I headed back to the city. 

I feel in perpetual awe and undeserving of the fun I'm having here this year. (After my talks, the anxiety lifting is euphoric.)



No comments: