Saturday, March 30, 2024

Visitors!

Friday: 

Nana and Papa keep us on our toes!

We went to the changing of the guard (too many people to see much). 


Then we visited St. James Park--always lovely. It is the park of weird birds. (This bird, above, had unexpectedly large feet.)


St. James has lovely vistas. 

Below: Snake's head fritillary (my first time hearing of this flower, not to mention seeing it)




Blaze enjoyed the playground.  


And we walked by Southbank and our favorite skate park, by the river, 



by an unexpected park full of tulips, by parliament.




We headed home with a mess of fish and chips from our local place, which everyone liked. 

Papa and I ran over for the Good Friday service--a wonderful liturgy. 

Then I ran home and made a ridiculously ill advised attempt to cook and eat dinner in one hour before heading out for the evening. Everything took three times as long as I hoped to cook and then I overcooked the eggs in the oven. This was all a frustrating mess, redeemed only by the fact that Nana loved the fish (from our fishmonger), which were not ready in time for Francisco and I to eat our Good Friday meal. It's all hard to explain, but maybe someday I will learn to listen to my husband and not attempt the impossible. But Friday was not that day. 


An unlikely Good Friday activity--but you can't argue with the really best imaginable babysitters: Francisco and I went to see Faith Healer, which we loved. And we loved actually attending the play together! And we had front row seats, which are cheaper, which was perfect for this play, which is just four monologues, so you don't have to care about the movement of the actors--you just care that you can see them and hear them and that they occasionally look into your eyes. 

No comments: