Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Summer


Summer is the best. The boys started the morning with Nana's chocolate chip pancakes topped with maple syrup and chocolate whipped cream. 


Then we headed off to VBS (which Blaze calls DPS). I was really looking forward to three hours in a coffee shop with my work, but Blaze needed one and a half hours of support, so I did that. There was much crying, but then the kids did some races; Blaze was thrilled and told me to get out of there. I happily did. 




The local library is covered with men's names. I see that they recently added some womens'. What a nice addition. 
 



It's cooling off a bit, and it's so lovely to walk through town. 





In the afternoon, Nana did crafts with Blaze--black resistance paint, wood burning with a magnifying glass, sawdust play-doh. She is an incredible grandmother. 

We all took a walk up the creek in the afternoon. 



I couldn't stop myself from mudlarking. 





In the evening, the boys made granola with Papa. And played lots of four square. 


We are in the process of severe ipad withdrawal for Q. Pray for us. 

I was allowed to leave VBS right away this morning and am happy to have some time to write. 

Francisco is embarked on beautiful adventures throughout the UK--he's pausing now in a monastery. 

No comments: