Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Home

A lovely day--probably because we shirked the unpacking and spent the afternoon at the pool. 

In the morning, I walked to mass. The absolute best. Afterward I chatted with one of the servers who is always so friendly. I saw the tail end of sunrise (above) and this overgrown apple tree (below) on my walk. 

Doctors appointments for the boys next (the doctor is very nice). A quick stop at the library because Q was out of books--ran into a colleague who was there with her son and we caught up a bit. Over to pick up groceries. Q made a quesadilla (independence!). 

Then, the pool. Q ran into his school mate and happily spent the day with him. I ran into colleagues there with their kids, and Blaze and I happily spent the day with them. They are so nice. 

I was quite anxious about returning, but I do love the part of small town life where you constantly run into friends and acquaintances. 

And, boy, my nerves have been fried this week. Every single thing anyone does bothers me. I think it's just that I rage against inefficiency and efficiency is not something kids are. Going from point A to point B, my kids choose the most roundabout way and turn three circles on the way. I think I need to read Cheaper by the Dozen again. Anyway, seeing lots of people and having such a lovely local day made me feel more like myself today. 



 

No comments: