Monday, September 9, 2024

Philly, Day 1

Such a great trip and so many pictures to share! After traveling to Philly with a colleague (who I distracted so much that he missed a couple of turns to the airport--I realized this was my fault only after the driver taking me home also got distracted by the conversation and missed his turn--and one of his jobs is driving people home from the airport), I met up with an old grad school friend for some Chinese food--these chicken feet (above) came out as an un-ordered treat--and I did taste them!

The crabs below were still moving. 






In the evening, I met up with MSI and J for Spanish tapas and a jug of white sangria and, most notably, some incredible almond ice cream--both almond flavor and some almond crunches. A very leisurely (and delicious) dinner with these very calm friends who I haven't seen for so long was just overwhelmingly happy for me. 




 

1 comment:

Emily Hale said...

Gosh--it was a delight to see you both. And soon I'll report that i got an evening at zahav with a very interesting neighbor at the bar!