Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The Week

What a week. 

Blaze still limping. Francisco took him to the bone and joint urgent care, which said for probably several hundred dollars what we thought--it's probably a bad sprain, just keep an eye on it. (When Francisco brought up the possibility of a meniscal tear, the PA scoffed and said that kids don't have meniscal tissue. I am livid when doctors talk down to ordinary people, but from all my googling, kids do have meniscal tissue and absolutely can, though rarely, tear it.)

He mostly stayed with Francisco, but came with me (my ridiculous idea) to my first department meeting as furniture. It turned out the shows we downloaded didn't actually download, so instead of sitting quietly in the corner, he tapped on me 40 times. I was about to explode. Pro: He made me a bracelet out of office supplies. 


Above: Blaze used office supplies to make me a bracelet. 

Below: A truly enormous truck in our friendly midwestern town. 


Below: Our friendly midwestern town is highly into Halloween. I am most creeped out by girl on swing. 


In the evening, we went briefly to a drumming/lights performance. Q and Francisco were not interested and walked home. Blaze liked it--I loved seeing him drum along with his fingers--so we stayed for half an hour.



Around 4 a.m. Q woke me up. I don't think either of us went back to sleep. He has a fever and will stay home with longsuffering Francisco today. 

For the public: I am a grumpy, cranky, insufferable human being. Francisco is perfect. I do not deserve him, even a little bit. But I do love him. 

2 comments:

Miss Self-Important said...

I love creepy decor, but I am hesitant to put it up bc I think it might be bad for the kids somehow. I think it's important to have some cultural catharsis around death, but the line between catharsis and celebration is uncertain.

Emily Hale said...

Oh my gosh--if you love it, your kids probably will too, right? You have to share what you love with your kids! My kids and I named this girl, who we pass everyday. I think they are most creeped out actually by creepy clown pictures in another house window.