Sunday, September 22, 2024

The Weekend

 


Francisco and I got a babysitter and headed out on foot for a night on the town--the nicest restaurant in town (not saying too much), a gas station for ice cream bars (the restaurant only offered creme brule and 4 kinds of cheesecake and I don't like cheesecake and was in the mood for chocolate), then to a fountain in the center, where we talked and sketched, then to the brewery for a drink and some cards against humanity. 


When we got home, we were happy that their babysitter had some rough-and-tumble fun with the boys. Blaze mentioned that he hurt his knee, which we ignored. Well, this morning he can barely walk, so he's getting a day in bed with ice and elevation, and we'll reassess whether he can walk tomorrow or skips school and heads to the doctor. This was a stressful morning for me. He said there was a twist and a pop and the babysitter was pulling him in one direction and his brother pushing his leg in another, and he screamed, so I'm assuming a ligament or meniscus. If you remember, I've had experience with my meniscus, so I'm nervous. If you can spare a prayer, we'll take it. (Of course he's loving a day of video games and shows and audiobooks.)

Q had his first religious education class of the year, run by three students at the college--I love to see them involved in the community. 

No comments: