Monday, September 30, 2024

The Weekend

Every interesting nature thing I photograph around our house turns out to be some sort of infestation. I wonder what the one above is.

***

"I thought America didn't fight in World War 1." --unnamed person who is highly ignorant of history (it's me)

"Yes, we did." --10-year-old reading in the next room 

I'm embarrassed sometimes to be a teacher.


Above--Shades of green. Francisco working on paint samples.

Below: The bubbles in the coffee this morning were iridescent (the phone camera didn't pick up the colors). 


Below: Still unfurling. I feel you, flowers, this Monday morning. 



The weekend: Farmer's market and library where we ran into friends and colleagues; The Wild Robot movie, which we saw in the middle of the day, and which somehow made us all out of sorts for the rest of the day; Goodwill where we got stuff for Q's Halloween costume; religious education, which Francisco and I took as an opportunity for a coffee date; swimming at the college--really too deep for the boys and me, but they competed with each other at swimming underwater--and most importantly, we got Blaze some exercise that didn't hurt his knee; biking to mass. 

We generally really enjoyed The Wild Robot (Blaze and I have read all the books). However, because they put two books in one movie, we found the pacing a little uneven/unusual. Blaze and I noticed some of the changes from the books. I found the description of parenting, which frustrates the robot, relatable (not really part of the book as far as I remember). 

No comments: