Monday, September 2, 2024

The Weekend/The Week


 From our garden. 


On Labor Day the weekend and the week overlap--the boys have off and I don't. 

We started with a family nature walk in the morning. So lovely. 

Then Q came to class with me. It was so great. He wrote a totally perfect joke on the board for the class. He participated a bit and paid attention for half the class until he got really hungry and so read a book instead. I found his notes after the class and they are amazing. 

I had not planned to bring up pederasty, but realized that I had to explain that, unfortunately, today in class. I explained it very euphemistically until a student and Q both asked clarifying questions. Alas. 

Afterward the whole family had lunch at the dining hall. The boys loved the burgers and fries and tater tots and soda and dessert. 

Then Francisco took the boys home and I finished my workday.



After dinner, our friends came over and we celebrated Q's birthday. We said nice things about him, a family tradition. We had two cakes and ice cream. Q got a dictionary with divisions for each letter, which he'd requested. The boys got a nintendo game. And a couple of little things. En route is a watch he also asked for--he specified that it should have a brown leather band and roman numerals on the face. I truly love this kid. We had a nice time with our friends. 

I had to bring some work home. 

No comments: