Sunday, September 15, 2024

Visitors



We had a wonderful visit with my parents as they passed through on the way home from Stearns'. We packed the visit with local stuff--wonderful meals from our caterer; a visit to our farmer's market, the library book sale, Francisco's and my offices, a local museum about incarceration, seeing what the fraternities were up to in terms of homecoming decorations. 






Above: Some decoration from the jail ceiling. Below: Some decoration from the adjoined sheriff's residence/municipal building ceiling. (I want a ceiling medallion and have set Francisco on this hunt.)


There were tons of games with the grandparents--card games, four square, kickball, and a visit to Q's school to learn Gaga ball. Papa and I went to the first half of the football game. After dinner: The Glee Club concert with songs of American freedom (so thought-provoking as I'm currently teaching American thought). 


So, so wonderful to spend time with Nana and Papa. 

No comments: