Monday, October 14, 2024

More STL


We took the kids to the zoo. The hippos and sea lions and seals, usually my favorite exhibits, were pretty calm that morning. 


But this parent and child wrestling and wrestling and playing were just delightful. I couldn't take my eyes off them. 



 

After a nice lunch at an old coffee shop Francisco and I liked to visit (outside in lovely weather), we headed back to the art museum. 




Above: The picture on the right is named after and references the picture on the left. 


Aquinas decimates Averroes; so funny. 


We enjoyed an exhibit of St. Louis's collection of art from the Works Progress Administration. 


Below: My favorite--a tent meeting from an influential Chicago Pentecostal church. 



We took a break for a post-card making activity. Mine, above. Blaze, below. He drew our family as ducks, swimming from the deep water to the shallow water. He apologized to brother that he doesn't know how to draw big kid ducks, just ducklings and adult ducks. He told the lady in charge that he's the duckling in the back because his brother "will always be four years older than me." 


He told me at another time that Q is "only a neck and a head taller than me." Adorable. 


We stopped at Ted Drewes and ate frozen concrete custard for dinner. Massive amounts. 



After we settled the kids in, I headed back to the art museum for a few minutes. The view at dusk was amazing. The couple in camp chairs above really know how to live. 



I love Horace Pippin. 


I spent aa little time thinking beside the fountain. 



No comments: