Monday, November 22, 2021

Thankful

Well that was just what the doctor ordered. 

I saw my therapist today, and she said all kind of reassuring things like I'm being too hard on myself and most people find parenting to be frustrating and that you can like your kids and not like parenting. 

And then, since Francisco is out of town, I had a friend over. We had amazing butternut squash and mushroom lasagna. (You may, and in fact almost certainly do live in a nicer town than we do, but no one has a better caterer than we do.) And she brought a ton of movie snacks, and we set up the kids with kid shows and snacks in the basement and ourselves with a Bollywood movie upstairs. I made brownies and got the good raspberry chocolate ice cream. And we watch a very indulgent half of a movie before it got too close to (our) bedtime. 

A wonderful way to celebrate the holiday break. 

No comments: