Thursday, May 2, 2024

Sabbatical

Day 3 of this sickness was the worst so far. I submitted a small application and edited my chapter a bit, but I'm not at all confident about the quality of work that was coming out of this foggy brain. I also took a little nap.


(I bought three kinds of artichokes, but then realized I was too sick to eat them, so I'm going to try to cook them today.)

I got the kids and took them to the park after school. (Francisco was away visiting a lovely garden with enormous rhododendrons and azaleas.) Then he made meatballs from scratch for dinner (Q decided they were plant-based--they were not--and Blaze questioned the parsley: "What are these leaves?" But Blaze loved them and asked for them again asap.) In the evening I forced us to finish The Lavender Hill Mob. My kids are already complaining about watching movies with me? 

I'm still obsessed with our green and am savoring it in every weather--this morning was damp and a little foggy. 



Q has been learning cricket for PE!

The Lord is the source of all wisdom: come, let us adore him, alleluia. 

No comments: