Thursday, June 13, 2024

Sabbatical

The clock is ticking big time. 

Q had his forest school--they made a dough and cooked it over the fire. He loved it. 

I had a quick two hours or so of work in the coffee shop. Then I biked down to the foreshore. 



Biking is wonderful, as is walking on the foreshore. 
 


Made me think of Samson. 


Stars.






Some transferware. Some old glass--I think it gets the rainbow shimmer from being in the Thames so long. 


I wanted to buy myself a French workmans jacket. Because this is something of an affectation inspired by Bill Cunningham (will I really wear it?) and because it's an expensive purchase, I've been thinking about it for a month or more. I biked over to the Tate, picked one out, had a drink with Francisco on the 10th floor (view above). 

I'm so grateful for a partner who still wants to hang out, even when I am moody and difficult. So much love and kindness. 


The Tate Modern, which I've ended up at like 4 times this year!, is my least favorite art gallery. I walked through a bunch of rooms, since I was there, and I just don't like it. But this picture (above) was intriguing. 


I picked up Too Good to Go at our favorite place. It was disappointing in terms of no cake, but Francisco is thrilled about the bread. He made us meatball sandwiches for dinner on the baguette, and it was really good. 

Today I'm going to try to mostly stay home and see if I can get myself to pack. Here's to trying!

No comments: