Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Sabbatical

After a day of packing in which my foot was bruised by dropping an exactly 50 pound suitcase on it (so much weighing of suitcases), we made up a dinner of Too Good to Go from two stores: sandwiches and lentil salad in the park, then salmon quiche at home, followed by shared pastries (pistachio, pear, cinnamon) for dessert.  



Q has suddenly gotten really nostalgic and sentimental and doesn't want to leave. He made two best friends here when he arrived, but over the last two months, he's been making tons of friends. It took him a while to expand his circles, but it's been great seeing him expand them now. 

In the afternoon, I biked into the center to buy a little present for my friend who is obsessed with gifts, something we enjoyed this year that you can't really find in the U.S. BUT it also probably won't fit into our luggage, which is stressfully full. WILL EVERYTHING FIT OR NOT? (It will, one way or another.) I worry; Francisco tells me calmly that we'll find a way. 

Yesterday the weather was incredible--and I love biking through the city (at least until I got to the fancy center where there are too many tourists walking slowly in large groups). 


I love things that have taken root on the walls and sides of buildings. 


This little knick-knack in the shoe store window!!


 Blaze made an adorable good-bye card for our neighbor girls. 

No comments: