Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Summer

In the morning I helped my mom pick green beans. Let's just say, she's much stronger and tougher than I am. The boys and I helped a little with the snapping. After that she blanched them (pictured below). 

The boys played mancala and Here to Slay. And boy, there was bickering. At night prayers, Blaze prayed, "Please help Q and Mama to stop fighting." That about sums it up. 

I'm very thankful to Nana for taking them to the pool all afternoon, where everyone had a ball and ate cotton candy. While they were gone, I worked and walked and cooked. I've started O Pioneers! 

I wrote a report on my sabbatical, which was really fun to reflect on, and I felt totally accomplished. I'm entering changes to chapter 4--it seems like it's taking forever, just a tiny bit everyday. And I'm revising my book proposal.

Francisco and I looked at some of his family pictures together.  



 

No comments: