Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Summer

This morning Nana took Blaze grocery shopping, and Francisco and I headed out to a family cemetery to check it out. In my view, it's a totally lovely setting, with some old graves crumbling. I would happily await the resurrection there. (I told the boys this evening about my funeral preferences--the key points being that 1) there be a funeral mass and 2) that I am buried in the ground (I prefer not to be burned, but if they're broke, it's ok).)


I'm calling it a day on chapter 4, my last chapter. I have a bit more fieldwork to do before I can write the conclusion, but for now I'm calling it a whole existing draft (minus short conclusion). I finished up some edits to the book proposal, too. 


Francisco took Q to the coffee shop for their favorite affogato. Q came home and started being creative at the creek, which I love to see. (Of course, he was turning his creations also into a business plan.)

Nana and Blaze built wooden models together and played never-ending games. 

On tick count this summer--in our little family, I've oddly only found one tick on one kid--plus one crawling on my leg during dinner. Ew!


I made smitten kitchen's summer squash pasta, which was delicious. It's fun to cook with stuff from the garden. And Papa grilled burgers. 



In the evening, I took the boys to see the musical, Percy Jackson, The Lightning Thief. They loved it. Blaze said that it was really short (it was nearly 2.5 hours with the Q and A with the actors). It was the dress rehearsal, and we got free tickets through the library. I think the boys loved sharing a story that they adore with me. I loved (and was only mildly shocked by) what they're into.

And when we got home, we got to look at the stars and the lightning bugs for a few moments together.  

No comments: