Thursday, July 25, 2024

Summer

This morning started with a game of Here to Slay, the boys' favorite game. I learned that Blaze has been throwing tantrums unless Q lets him cheat, so I tried to put an end to that. 

Francisco and I have been slowly making our way through some pictures that he got from his dad's house. We've been looking at a bunch of pictures of Francisco's dad when he was little visiting his grandparents, which he did each summer with his family--in that case the trip was from California to Missouri. The pictures are mostly similar--grandparents, farmers, unsmiling, together with the grandkids, standing in front of their house. (There are others where they stuck several kids with the grandfather on a horse.)

Though today was not hot--and even colder in the creek and the woods--we headed up to a scenic run north of us. 




We walked a bit, Blaze swam some, Q sang what felt like continuously. 


Nana was kind and patient when I lost it. 

 

Second time I've seen this name in as many days. (See the cemetery post yesterday.)

I was delighted to discover a newt--I haven't seen one since I was a child. We took turns holding him before leaving the poor thing alone. 



In the late afternoon the kids did a drawing/sculpting/creating activity at the library, making up their own faux-pokemon. They had fun. And we came home to a feast by Nana. 


No comments: