Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Summer

Kaleidoscope!

Francisco and I did a lot of packing, and I finished O Pioneers! But we interspersed that with games--Breakfast Connect 4 and some Four Square. 

Nana took the boys to the park to bike--Blaze is making great progress! 

We had pizza for dinner and some Olympic women's gymnastics before bed. 

At one point, Nana was helping Q with his Dungeons and Dragons character sheet and--wow--I am moved by the love. I'm sure she'd rather he didn't play that game, to put it mildly. But she helps anyway. 

This is still the very happiest place for me, just as it has been my whole life. And having my boys know life here so well makes me very, very happy--the same creeks, the same summer tubing, the same playgrounds, the same relatives (plus some new ones). Nana and Papa are all-in with family. I'm grateful that Francisco and I are not alone in taking care of our boys, and I'm grateful that there's a place that I, a middle-aged adult, can come and be cared for so generously. Thanks Nana and Papa; we don't deserve you. 

No comments: