Friday, August 2, 2024

Home


I'm sitting at a school appointment for Blaze and didn't bring enough to occupy me. So I'll talk to my blog.



The truth is, as you can see from the pictures, the clouds *are* better here. I was in awe of sunset as we drove west.


At the end of our first day of driving, we had burgers, chess (Q taught my uncle), and cockroach poker with my aunt, uncle, and cousin and then evening prayers.


During that day, with one wheel I went off the road and into a rut. The next morning when we started driving, we discovered a flat. 3 hours and two new tires later, we finally got under way. So we arrived home at 9:30 pm.


We all have feelings: I cried on the way; Q was in very high spirits. Blaze who was four when we left doesn't remember too much about our house! Both boys were overjoyed to be home. And Francisco and I are remembering home ownership--there's always something to fix.



 The renters left our house ridiculously clean and in very nice shape. But now I have to find everything--where are my bowls? I forgot to buy coffee filters. A ton of unpacking lies in front of us. The kids are happy to be reunited with their toys. If I'm scattered in this post, that really captures the state of my mind and of our house.

No comments: