Saturday, July 6, 2024

Summer


Is it the heat? In addition to being happy, I feel very sleepy. 

Friday was pretty quiet, I think, until we headed to Diana's in-laws for a bonfire (yes, it was 90 degrees, but the kids still loved eating smores). There were friends from childhood and their children. And their parents--and my parents. I had so much fun. I loved Diana's sister's baby and he loved me. What a delightful evening, even though the humidity drenched me. 


This morning we headed up to a state park for a hike. 


And then a nature program about raptors with a hawk, a falcon, and an owl. The falcon screeched non-stop. The screech owl said nothing (and the undergrads who led the program, whispering their information to a large crowd, said that screech owls don't screech anyway). The program was ok--not as good as my usual lady up there who is a delight. 



Blaze and Nana went to the creek and Blaze wanted to pick me flowers. Aw. 


Q and I finished his packing, and Blaze and I took him the quick 15 minute trip to summer camp! He was sweetly nervous and excited. He saw his old favorite counselor and couldn't stop his big smile at seeing him. 



These are pictures from my parents' lovely woods. 



Nana played Guess Who with Blaze, and Papa is teaching him cornhole. 



No comments: