Monday, July 8, 2024

Summer

Saturday evening ended with Blaze learning to shoot a gun after Papa got a groundhog. And Nana's raspberry cobbler. 


Blaze and I went to mass. This Tiffany window! I liked the juxtaposition of the readings on the thorn in Paul's flesh and the lack of faith in Christ's miracles in his hometown. You know I'm always thinking about miracles, particularly in my hometown. Here's the position that I'm arriving at: The very existence of miracles lets us know that when there isn't a miracle that Christ is allowing something for our greater good. We can have faith in Christ's power and his perfect knowledge, miracle or no. 


Then I took Blaze to a park (where I worked for a summer, in this very pavilion!), and we took a walk to some donuts (and past my grandparents' old house). 


In the afternoon we went up to #1tomatolover's and spent the afternoon in the pool with my nephews. Blaze has experienced a transformation into fish--he spent most of the time under water, turning front flips and back flips. 

One of my nephews and I spent an hour or so feeding the pool noodle snake the dead flies we found in the water. After each fly, the little imaginative nephew made the pool noodle snake chew up the fly.

Before we left my brother made burgers and brats and mac and cheese.  



No comments: