Thursday, August 15, 2024

School

Morning meetings about teaching plus lots of visiting. 

I've been very grumpy all day about being the furniture (a chair) and was up in the middle of the night with all that needs to happen this year going through my head. 

This morning I got an email that Blaze's kindergarten had a security issue and the police were involved (it seems to have been a lockdown) plus a 30-minute-later email that the police had resolved the issue. Thankfully I read both these emails at once, but still I was very scared and made up my mind to move back to the UK where school shootings are not a thing. And I was happy to hug and kiss him this evening. 



For the feast day, Francisco took the boys to their favorite pizza place and then we stopped at the library where Blaze and I played a game (above). Then mass. Blaze said that he drew a picture of "the holy Assumption" at his "writer's workshop" (evidently a daily thing in his kindergarten classroom) today. 

No comments: