Wednesday, August 28, 2024

School

We are really, really happy to be reunited with our piles of amazing picture books. We are delighted. Last night we spent time with Tomi Ungerer.

Francisco and I went out for burritos and coke--wonderful. 

Stress: Under the moldy wood in our bathroom that we need to deal with (apparently the renters did not believe in using fans?!), appears to be asbestos tiles. This is so ridiculous, you really have to laugh.

And it appears the front derailleur was indeed harmed in my bike crash, so I might have to take it 45 minutes away to get someone to look at it. 

A big downside of a small town--it is really unbelievably difficult to find people to fix stuff (bathrooms, bikes) here. 



But the clouds are something else. Thankful that I got to attend daily mass last night! And thankful for the clouds. And for children's books. And that I'm taking a trip and get to see MSI and J. And that Francisco is handling the bathroom, generous partner that he is. 

Blaze announced proudly when he walked in the door after school, "I have ten friends!" Although, when questioned, he could tell me nothing about the tenth--he forgot their name and even if they are a boy or girl. 

This morning he told me that during recess, "I run away from people. That's basically my main hobby!" He said that he's the fastest kid in his class. 

No comments: