Thursday, August 8, 2024

School

Oh my goodness. I received an email from a former student who just took the bar exam and wants to return to reading the types of books he studied with me in a couple of classes in college. He wants to come talk about it with me. This is the type of email that is just unbelievably heart warming and makes me so so happy. 


Today: Walking and biking to schoolsx3. 

Working and visiting and complaining with colleagues about some new changes which don't make any sense in terms of good pedagogy. 

Coffee with Francisco and a tour of his new office. 

This evening Q wanted to go to the library by himself, plus he'd run out of books, so we gave him a five minute head start. By the time we walked over, he was checking out the books he selected. I love his passion for independence.

We all made lunches together before some ice cream. Today went better than last night. There is hope that we'll get our routines going and maybe Mama will stop melting down? 

No comments: