Saturday, August 10, 2024

School

"I made a new friend today!" Blaze exclaimed. It's not his first of the year, but I love the joy and that he shared it with us. He's finding lots of kids who like pokemon and bakugan, and he's thrilled. 

I got this book, which I first saw during our travels, for Francisco. It's a sketchbook-sized book of drawings of Italy by a well-known British wood engraver. Such a charming idea. (And I love little pictures.)


In the morning, I had coffee with a colleague and visited. In the afternoon, Francisco and I took a walk and saw this funnily trimmed pine. 


Blaze got 10 good behavior points and chose this trophy of a thumbs up. Back to the world of cheap plastic crap, but this cheap plastic crap did make me laugh. 



 It was the feast of St. Theresa Benedicta of the Cross, my name saint, and so we went out for frozen custard at the really best ice cream in town--a midwest fast food chain--and we talked about Edith Stein. It was nice. 

No comments: