Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The Week

I always enjoy the vine on the outside of our garage window, but the truth is, it's probably eroding the bricks and should probably be pulled down. I'll put it in my planner. House maintenance never ends. It's like feeding children.

What do I have to say? I'm doing a little editing for myself, which gives me pleasure.  After tomorrow, we will have hit the middle of the semester! I'm not dead yet. That feels like a really big accomplishment. Last night was tennis: We lost, but it was the tie breaker after being 6-6, so I didn't feel terrible. Today is EMDR. This weekend is STL--we're really looking forward to that. Francisco and I are thinking a lot about parenting. 

I love teaching so much. I love it every single day and am just so grateful to be in the classroom. My intro class asks better questions than any intro class I've taught before. My 300-level APT class is primarily seniors--they laugh at all my jokes, which is the opposite of how this student body usually behaves. I think I like them more than any class I've taught before. When I gave a midterm yesterday, one student pretended to not know it was the midterm for a laugh. A real delight. 



 

No comments: